Saturday, December 5, 2009

Under Where?

The other day I was asked what would be the best fashion advice that you could give anyone. What’s your number one fashion rule?

Well, it’s simple. If you’re walking out into the world for everyone to see and judge, please wear the proper undergarments! Just because people don’t see them dosent means that they don’t matter.

You would be surprised at how many women do not wear bras when they really should! Slips seem a little old fashion but should be worn even still today. I’m talking about hosiery as well. But the most important undergarments are bras and panties.

How many times have we seen a celebrity get out of their vehicles and scandalously flash their hoo-ha!? (Sadly Britney is one) Or how many times have we seen a wardrobe malfunction when someone’s boob pops out?  Although these undergarment can prevent such exposure that’s not why I say people should wear them. Undergarments can enhance the way you wear something. It can help give your look that extra umph.  Case and point EXAMPLE:

I had a friend, who will remain nameless, that always wore these stretched out soft cup no wire bras that would let her sag and look sloppy. No mater what she wore she just looked sloppy and fat. Her posture was horrible and everything was just…ewww. And she wondered why she never felt comfortable in her clothes and everything seemed not fit. WELL HELLO GARMENTS ARE CONSTRUCTED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT YOUR WOULD BE WEARING THE PROPER UNDERGARMENTS. I told her that the solution was to get a bra fitting and get the correct bra for your body type. She refused and told me that I was being mean. Perhaps how I said it was a bit harsh but I was telling her straight up as a friend and as a designer. If you think about it designers use a dress forms (mannequin) and the dress forms are solid and the bust is up and properly placed….as if it has a bra on. She eventually took my advice and made her way to Victoria’s Secret. After she started wearing the correct bra, she noticed that her clothes fit better, her posture was improved, and people even started to notice her. She even looked like she lost some weight. This was an extreme case and Result s are not typical but think about it. She still thanks me for the advice as she should….I can work miracles with the help of a bra or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment