Thursday, December 3, 2009

Shrug it!

Wait a minute, just wait!...........
This cannot be possible.
Who decided that shoulder pads are allowed to come back?
I mean really...... is that necessary? Are they necessary?
I will never endorse such a horrible trend. What happened in the 80's and early 90's should just stay there. I noticed that the shoulder pads were slowly coming back over the summer. Rihanna was sporting the same jacket with the crazy pads everywhere like she couldn't afford anything else. But I figured that the pads wouldn't translate to the general public....I mean why would it. But then I walked into my class and my friend Fiona was wearing a jacket....with shoulder pads. At that point I felt the need to address the situation. I will admit that the jacket was cute but the padding was not necessary. If you think about it, shoulder pads have no purpose other than to create shape.
Don't get me wrong the should pads are different than in the 80's and have a not so boxy look in most cases but its the fact of you using pads to accentuate your shoulders.
Anyway, I have a tailored jacket that I should be working on right now and guess what it has....
yes you guessed it.....shoulder pads. I have to put in shoulder pads. YAY. :(

Here's a lovely Lady Gaga video....which features her shoulder pads. :)
Oh and I wont mention the part when her male dancer blatantly touches her crotch on TV while Adam Lambert continues to get a backlash of his touchy performance. enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment